SoapHOUSEmama at purplemailbox.com gave me the Liebster Award a few weeks back. It’s a blogger award for inspiring blogs that have less than 200 followers. When awarded, the recipient should pass it to another 5 small blogs that she finds inspiring and notifies them.
It took me a long time to find those 5 recipients. Most blogs I follow are well established, and I don’t know how to tell how many followers they have, and I doubt even the blog owners know. I had to guesstimate by the number of comments how many followers they have. After weeks of browsing and note taking, I’ve finally decided on these 5 great blogs that really inspire me. Thank you soapHOUSEmama again for the award, and congrats to the new recipients, in random order:
- Teka’s Little Blog by Teka Cochonneau. I found her blog just a few days ago and was just blown away by her quality of work, and the design of her blog. Maybe she can give me some advice on my blog design (or the lack thereof) as a return? Hee hee! http://www.tekaslittleblog.com/
- Cheeky Bunny by Jen Ritchie. An expat in Hong Kong, she’s so crafty and creative. Her beautiful wedding was recently featured on Style Me Pretty, a wildly popular wedding blog. She’s been busy lately and hasn’t been updating her blog, but hopefully she’ll be back soon! http://cheekybunny.com/
- Don’t Worry, Be Scrappy by Christina. One can tell by the first glance that this woman has talent! Not only that, she’s really courteous on forums and always visits other scrappers’ blogs and leaves comments. It’s apparent she’s passionate about what she does and she’s good at it! http://dontworry-bescrappy.blogspot.com/
- Still Thinking… by Madeline. She’s so great at mixing colors, patterns and manufacturers together. I’m a little timid when it comes to mixing things up, and she really inspires me to be brave. http://bayoubytes.blogspot.com/
- Your Memory Connection by Tammy. Tammy is simply awesome. Not only is her craft good, she takes amazing photos and writes well. Reading her blog is like reading an old friend’s blog. I feel really connected to her. http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com/
Hope the small award can lighten up your day, recipients. Now please find blogs that inspire you and pay it forward! Watch out for auto correct though. If you don’t capitalize the L, your computer will turn it into a lobster award. Not a bad award if you ask me, but might confuse your seafood-phobic recipients.
As for me… I have been very busy on a super secrete video project that turned out to be much more time consuming than planned. I’ve been working on it for over a week. I thought I could finish it last night but I decided to ditch it and start from scratch again! I’ve sunk so much time into it I might as well make it great. Hopefully I’ll have something by Monday and then I can go back to scrapbooking!